Monday, November 16, 2015

REVIEW: The Vacation by Ivy Smoak


Synopsis

Find out what really happens when you have a free pass...in the new sexy story THE VACATION by Ivy Smoak.

Lydia and Scott's relationship had been on the fritz for months. When Lydia's friend, Julia, tells her that there's a sexy, secretive resort, that completely reinvented her and her husband's sex life, Lydia is skeptical. She's even more skeptical when Julia advises her that she should go with Scott and give him a free pass for the duration of the vacation.

A free pass to flirt with other people? Could that really save their relationship? But Lydia doesn't have much of a choice when Julia books the vacation without her permission. What's the worst that could happen? It seemed to help Julia's marriage.

But when the couple arrives at The Blue Parrot Resort, things don't go quite how either of them planned...

This book is intended for mature audiences.
 

Ivy Smoak is an entrepreneur with very fickle tendencies. After much encouragement from her fiancĂ©, she finally decided to dive into her true passion and began writing erotic novels. She lives with her fiancĂ© in Philly. 



REVIEW

A trip taken to try and bring back the spark to a relationship takes a decidedly wicked turn when both partners have their own agendas. But when one is working to try and solidify their relationship, and the other is working to try and make the other pay for the surprise trip, nothing is quite what it seems. 

I love a good quick erotic tale. Every once in a while I enjoy reading something down and dirty. I like plot twists and surprise endings. 

And for all that The Vacation is only 55 pages, it delivers on all of the above. 

For the most part I enjoyed the story. There were a few things that I shook my head at, a few that even now have me scrunching my brow and thinking "huh?" I'm a sucker for a HEA so I am a little disappointed with the way this story ended, but at the same time (without actually giving anything away) in its own way, it was a happy ending. 

As for a recommendation? Give it a try. Erotica is not for everyone but if, like me, you enjoy the occasional recounting of dirty deeds... Well, Ivy Smoak's The Vacation is quite possibly something you'll really enjoy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lacey!

Thank you so much for the awesome review :) It would really help me out if you posted it on Amazon and Goodreads too. I really appreciate you taking the time to read and review The Vacation :)

Thanks!
-Ivy

LD Ferris said...

Ivy,

I truly enjoyed reading THE VACATION... I will definitely post my review to Amazon and Goodreadas... Thank you for the opportunity!!