Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tuesday's Tunes: An Old Favorite

I have such wide variety of music that when I'm not writing (because I always listen to specific music lists when I'm writing) I can listen to my music library and not repeat a song all day. But like any music lover I have favorites - favorite bands, favorite albums, favorite songs. And like many music lovers I may choose to listen to songs to make me happy, to remind me of another time or a specific person. I may pick an album because a particular sound or style of the music appeals to me that day. Or I may choose to listen to a song or series of songs because of the story I imagine they tell me.

Today's Tuesday's Tunes is one of the "story telling" songs that I particularly appreciate. In fact there are a series of songs from the artists album that this song appears on that (Marianas Trench - Ever After) tell a pretty fascinating story and I enjoy listening to them (and watching the videos) every once in a while. Lately I've been listening to the newest album from Marianas Trench - Astoria and it has a number of songs that I really enjoy too. (I'll talk more about that album next week as I'll actually be attending a live concert with Marianas Trench and Walk Off the Earth next Tuesday.)

But for now, here is the song currently playing on my iPhone... Enjoy :-)

Marianas Trench - STUTTER


And hey... now that I'm thinking about why I listen to particular songs, tell me some of the reasons that you might listen to a song?

No comments: