Friday, May 22, 2015

For the Love of Music - ONCE IN A BLUE MOON BLITZ

For anyone who's followed, glanced at, read or stumbled upon my blog, it likely comes as little surprise that while reading is #1 on my list of favorite things to do, listening to music (and singing, especially if no one is around to hear me) is pretty high on the list too.  I'm always revved when I hear from other readers, bloggers, and writers about how they use music to keep them motivated and inspired while they go about their days.  It's just my luck that Author Amie Stuart of ONCE IN A BLUE MOON loves music just as much as me!!

Here's what she has to say about music, and how she was happily able to incorporate it into her book.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love music. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t have set up Aunt Susie with her fictional dancehall.

I love music so much that it’s probably my third favorite thing after my kids and books! And I have a special soft spot for singer-songwriters like Sheryl Crow and Patti Griffin (if you haven’t heard her duet with Dierkes Bently, I highly recommend). As you read through ONCE IN A BLUE MOON, you’ll notice the chapter titles. Some of those are taken from Betti’s rules but some are actual songs.  Funny enough, I listened to a LOT of Stevie Ray Vaughn while writing this book! I say funny because, normally, I can’t listen to music with lyrics when I write. I guess I listened so much that it stopped intruding!

So who’s your favorite go-to, house cleaning, seat-dancing in the car till you embarrass your children band, singer or song(s)????
And here’s the playlist for the curious:
Satisfaction – The Rolling Stones
Same Old Song and Dance – Aerosmith
Love Struck Baby – Stevie Ray Vaughn
Crossfire – Stevie Ray Vaughn
Crazy – Patsy Cline
Gimme a Bullet – ACDC
Where is the Love – The Blackeyed Peas
There Goes the Neighborhood – Sheryl Crow
Remedy – The Black Crowes
Killing Time – Clint Black
Do You Want Fries With That? – Tim McGraw
Good Enough – Sarah McLachlan
Knockin' On Heaven's Door – Guns 'n Roses
Pride and Joy – Stevie Ray Vaughn
Mad Mission – Patty Griffin
Living With Ghosts – Patty Griffin
Tightrope – Stevie Ray Vaughn
Without You – Motley Crue
Not Alone – I'm going with Patty Griffin

No comments: