Sunday, May 3, 2015

DISCUSSION Time ~ #WhatAreYouReading

Reading is a passion. It's a thrill. A heartbreak. A new beginning. A tragic loss. A fascinating discovery. It's a reunion with old friends or the chance to find new ones. 

For every book you read, it's something different to you. And just as in life, the experience is individual to the reader. 

This marks the beginning of a new (hopefully staple) discussion series on Ups, Downs, Ins and Outs - #WhatAreYouReading? Where, yes, I ask the question of what you are reading and more I share with you something of the story (or stories) that I am currently reading that day. Now let's begin...  

Today I've pulled out some beloved old friends, the Quinn brothers: Cam, Ethan and Phillip, and their new brother Seth.  For those who can't immediately name the series it's Nora Roberts' Chesapeake Bay Saga. I've read this series a dozen times in the past and I still get choked with emotion every single time I read it. From the first page (okay maybe the second or third) the array of emotion surges forth and you're caught. Or I am in any case.  


Today I begin the journey again with the boys. I watch and wait as Cameron meets Anna, the fiercely determined Social Worker, and his whole outlook on life make a right turn. I hope for the best as each of the Quinn men must find their own way to relate to Seth, and he in turn must come to trust them. I pray for Grace and Ethan to find each other, because, damn it, they need one another so much.  I look forward to a battle of will and character as Phillip confronts Sybill, and finally the truth about Seth is learned.  Then I watch with wonder (and some pain for the little boy who once was) while Seth finds his own bright future with Dru. 

So now here's the question: #WhatAreYouReading? 


No comments: